Wednesday, September 28, 2016

But I Don't Wanna Go to the Dentist

Ugh. I need a cleaning. I also have a bit of a toothache that my anxiety is exacerbating the crap out of. In order to deal with these things, I have to go to the dentist. Those of you who have dentist phobia shudder at the thought I'm sure. I actually like the dentist. I love getting cleanings, and I like knowing my teeth are a bit healthier or at least stable. Does that mean I don't panic about going? Hell, no. I'm freaking out a bit.

I'm not going to go into depth about what makes me anxious about going to the dentist. I don't want to get you hung up on my hang ups. I know how anxiety and obsessions work, so I'll spare you. Let's just say I really want to get this thing done, I just don't want to have to go and stay places in order to do it. I was hoping to jam in there this morning, get it done with and get the thought out of my mind, but my dentist can't fit me in until Tuesday. *le sigh*

So, this is me, reaching out to those of you who just don't want to go to the dentist. I feel you. I know waiting around sucks. I know worrying about your oral health sucks. I know there are myriad things there to make you uncomfortable. We just have to do it. Get in there, suffer it out, and take care of ourselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment